Saturday 12 March 2011

The next step

I am currently putting together the assessment pack for the Level 2 Landscape course which will be assessed in July. The course has been very instructive although a little complicated in that I have had two bases for its duration - one in Spain and one in the UK. Fortunately, my tutor has been very accommodating in letting me produce my assignments electronically, via this blog.

The big decision recently has been 'what to do next'. I certainly want to continue the OCA route to a BA in Photography as it gives me something tangible to aim for so the choice has been whether to tackle another Level 2 course or to start one or two Level 1 courses to complement 'The Art of Photography' which I finished in 2010. It seemed to me that it was important to complete the Level 1 courses as soon as possible and, as the remaining two - 'People and Place' and 'Digital Photographic Practice'  appear very different - it should be possible to study them concurrently.

Having taken advice at the OCA stand at Focus on Imaging this week and raising the question with fellow students via the OCA on-line forum, I feel confident that I can successfully study these two courses at the same time. Therefore, I have now enrolled for both and intend to start  at the beginning of April, having now received the course documentation.

Although I am retired and, in theory at least, have plenty of spare time, I will need to plan the course work carefully to put in the required number of hours. Also, I need to consider whether to start another blog or to use this one for both. What I do know is that it is going to be an interesting year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment